We were recently delighted to welcome Charles Coultas for his club presentation on “The discovery of encrypted radio signals, both Enigma and Lorenz leading to the development of Colossus” for a lecture covering:
– Why Bletchley Park was chosen, and who worked there
– Government concerns about what is going on in wartime
– Alan Turing who joined at the outbreak of WW2
– Enigma, how it works and how it was broken by Turing
– The purpose and importance of radio communications
– The mathematicians at Bletchley Park
– A light hearted dip into some aspects of cryptography
– The strange radio signals from 1941, what they were and how the code was broken, and how this shortened the war
– How the “computer” came about and Turing’s part in it
We’re pleased to say you can re-watch Charles’ whole presentation right here:
With thanks as always to our video editor Chloe 2E0JPM.
You must be logged in to post a comment.