Firstly to Robin G4IWS for hosting yet another successful event.
Also to EVERYONE who entered, but in particular a callout to two first time entrants:
Guy 2E0GDC: “electrical noise detector”
Bernard M0PIK: “Iambic CW Key – Capacitive Touch” (homebrew PCB + surface mount) + inspirational talk on surface mount and making PCBs.
Michael M0MPM: shaver mic adaption. Now, if you google that, you may come up with “pye shaver mic”. Believe me, it wasn’t that. Mike gave us a beautiful light hearted short talk encouraging us to check the legal aspects of using fist mikes whilst mobile. And shavers.
- Dave G4BOO: compact MF/HF receiver
- Robin G4IWS matchbox sized TTL two tone oscillator
- Guy 2E0GDC: electrical noise detector
- Mike G4CDF: multiband SHF antenna feed (1.2/2.4) demonstrated using the club’s new spectrum analyser + VSWR bridge.
- Bernard M0PIK: surface mount CW paddle circuit and homebrew PCB. (3rd).
- Michael M0MPM: shaver mic adaption/hybrid
- Jim G0LHZ: remote control ATU (1st)
- John G4RDC: FT8 from mc micro taxi radio (2nd)
If I missed anyone or got anything wrong my apologies – let me know and I’ll fix it.
Jim deservedly took first prize and I was very deeply honoured to take second place.
Most importantly we have ideas, enthusiasm and passion for what we do which will undoubtedly result in more developments next year.
I will make sure we have other events during the year where people can share what they are up to.
If anyone has pictures, send them to me and I’ll put them up.